Monday, August 25, 2014

Co-writing

I have been writing worship music and random songs for about two years. Many times, I will sit down, brainstorm some ideas and maybe figure out some lyrics and chords, and then leave it to sit for a while, mostly because I get distracted, or because the kids will come into my room. I am notorious for not finishing my songs. I have journals and notebooks and paper pieces with lyrics and chord progressions and titles laying around my room. When I am by myself with no deadline...I lack motivation. I feel like this is the case with a lot of things, not just songwriting.

The polar opposite of this is co-writing. It's crazy what adding a person or two will do to my motivation. Co-writing gives me purpose to write. Neither person wants to take up the others time and they both/all want a good song or two as the outcome of that allotted time. I love co-writing. The songs are better, they come faster, they affect twice the amount of people, and they are way more fun.

I have two co-writes this week with people from Texas, and needless to say I am super excited to write with these individuals that I met while in Texas last month. I pray that God uses these writing sessions and that the product of them is used to bring Him glory.

I also plan on posting some videos this fall of some of my songs, so look for them on YouTube or my Facebook page before Thanksgiving.

Thanks Guys!
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment